Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Run

This is what's got me so excited lately:






This is our run. This is going to be our "big" fundraiser. With our last adoption I got really excited about our yard sale. I knew it was going to be our "big" event. And it was. Success doesn't even begin to describe how well that fundraiser went. When I began planning the yard sale, I felt so excited. I knew it was what we needed to do. That's the way I feel about this run. I know it is what we are supposed to do. And I cannot wait to start "Running to China."

In case I have not managed to catch you and blurt out all of the details yet here's the gist: the Chosen Marathon is a USATF certified marathon put on by a non profit organization called ABBA Fund. Adopting families can fundraise for their adoption by participating in the race and forming a team. Each team member who registers for the race (even those who register as "sleep walkers" and do not participate on race day) adds funds to our 'bucket' through their registration fee. Participating in the race also allows us to create a 'family page' where we can receive tax deductible donations that will also be added to our 'bucket'. All of the monies raised through registration and donations will be distributed to our agency for our adoption after the race.

We chose the team name "Running to China" because we plan to create a team that will run the equivalent distance from our home to Guangzhou, China where our adoption will be finalized. All together we are striving to run a total of 6,879 miles before the end of our race day, October 26, 2013.

Check out our YouTube video:



We're running to China, wanna join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment